WeChat Pay is a leading global payment method that lets Chinese customers link their credit card or bank account to a digital wallet. It supports online and QR payments for B2C only (B2B is not supported).
Read how WeChat Pay can benefit your business on multisafepay.com
This diagram shows the flow for a successful transaction. Click to magnify.
The table below sets out the order status and transaction status for payments and refunds.
|Description||Order status||Transaction status|
|A QR code has been generated.||Initialized||Initialized|
|MultiSafepay has collected payment.||Completed||Completed|
|The customer cancelled the payment.||Void||Void|
|The customer didn't complete payment within 2 hours.||Expired||Expired|
|Refunds: Refund initiated.||Reserved||Reserved|
|Refunds: Refund complete.||Completed||Completed|
- Email a request to [email protected]
- We check your eligibility and if approved, activate the payment method for your account.
- Sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
- To activate the payment method for:
- All sites, go to Settings > Payment methods.
- A specific site:
- Go to Integrations > Sites, and then click the relevant site.
- On the Site profile page, under Payment methods, click Select payment methods.
- Select the checkbox for the payment method, and then click Save changes.
💬 Support: If the payment method isn't visible in your dashboard, email [email protected]
See API reference – Create order > Wallet order.
For example requests, on the Create order page, in the black sandbox, see Examples > WeChat Pay direct/redirect.
Transactions expire after 2 hours.
For direct orders, retrieve the
qr_url, and render the QR code in your system to display it to the customer.
For redirect orders, the QR code displays on the payment page under Payment methods.
Supported in our PrestaShop 1.7 plugin.
To test WeChat Pay payments, see Testing payment methods - Wallets.
Email [email protected]
Updated 11 days ago