in3 is a Dutch BNPL method where customers pay in 3 installments, at no extra cost and without having to register with the Bureau Krediet Registratie (BKR). in3 guarantees settlement after receiving the first installment.
Read how in3 can benefit your business on multisafepay.com
|Countries||The Netherlands – in3 checks the customer's country, and billing/shipping address to confirm.|
You can request in3 to process a full or partial refund, either before payout or up to 1 year afterwards.
|Payment pages||Yes (current version only)|
|Refunds||Yes: Full, partial, and API refunds|
This diagram shows the flow for a successful transaction. Click to magnify.
The table below sets out the order status and transaction status for payments and refunds.
|Description||Order status||Transaction status|
|in3's credit check is in progress. You can still cancel.||Initialized||Initialized|
|in3 is waiting for the customer to pay the first installment (within 5 mins).||Uncleared||Initialized|
|The customer has paid the first installment. Settlement is now guaranteed. |
You can no longer cancel. You can only refund.
|You can manually change the order status to shipped for your records, but this is not required to trigger invoicing.||Shipped||Uncleared|
|MultiSafepay has collected payment.||Completed||Completed|
|in3 declined the transaction.||Declined||Declined|
|The customer cancelled the transaction or abandoned the first installment.||Void||Void|
|The customer didn't pay the first installment.||Expired||Expired|
|Refunds: in3 has successfully processed a full or partial refund.||Completed||Completed|
|Refunds: The refund was declined.||Declined||Declined|
First apply to MultiSafepay, and then activate in your dashboard.
How to activate in3
- Email a request to [email protected]
- We check your eligibilty and if approved, activate the payment method for your account.
- Once approved, sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard.
- Go to Settings.
- To activate the payment method for:
- All sites, go to Payment methods.
- A specific site, go to Website settings, and click the relevant site.
- Select the checkbox for the payment method, and then click Save changes.
Support: If the payment method isn't visible in your dashboard, email [email protected]
- Create order > BNPL order.
- Examples > in3 direct/redirect.
shopping_cartobject is required for all BNPL orders. See Recipes – Include shopping_cart in order.
- Transactions expire after 2 hours.
in3 (direct) is supported in:
To test in3 payments, see Testing.
Different billing and shipping addresses are supported.
- Minimum amount: 100 EUR
- Maximum amount: 3000 EUR
You can adjust these limits in the backend of our ready-made integrations to show or hide in3 on your checkout page depending on the order value.
When paying with a gift card and in, customers must enter the gift card details before placing their order, i.e. on your checkout page. This is because in3 collects and require precise order specifications. Our platform would interpret the gift card as a discount and generate incorrect order information, e.g. tax calculations.
You are solely responsible for this in your integration.
When you ship the order, you can change the order status to Shipped for your records, bu this is not required to trigger invoicing.
How to change the order status to shipped
You can change the order status from Completed to Shipped:
In your dashboard
- Sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard.
- Go to Transactions > Transactions overview.
- Search for the transaction, and click to open the Transaction details page.
- Under Order details, click Change order status.
- Change the status to Shipped.
- Send the customer the track and trace details, if relevant.
In your backend
If you change the order status in your backend, the following ready-made integrations pass the updated status to your dashboard automatically:
- Magento 2 and WooCommerce: When you set the order to Shipped in your backend.
- Shopware 5: When you set the order to Delivered in your backend.
For other ready-made integrations, make an update order API request.
Note: Some third-party plugins may not support updating the status via our API.
Due to changes to the Wet op het consumentenkrediet, merchants who apply surcharges to BNPL methods are now deemed credit providers under article 7:57 of the Burgerlijk Wetboek. This requires a permit from the Authority for Financial Markets (AFM).
We therefore strongly recommend not applying surcharges.
For more information, email [email protected]
Email [email protected]
Updated 6 days ago