If you have an existing PayPal account connected to your MultiSafepay dashboard, we recommend you to upgrade to the latest PayPal API as soon as possible.
Under the latest PayPal API, you can:
PayPal is a leading global payment method that lets customers pay by credit or debit card or create a digital wallet linked to multiple payment methods.
Read how PayPal can benefit your business on multisafepay.com
|AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, JPY, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, TWD, USD
For more information, see PayPal – PayPal supported currencies .
|Yes (current and deprecated versions)
|Yes: Full and partial (see guidance below)
This diagram shows the flow for a successful transaction. Click to magnify.
MultiSafepay does not collect funds for PayPal transactions.
The table below sets out the order status and transaction status for payments and refunds.
|The customer has been redirected to PayPal.
|Awaiting the customer to pay in their PayPal account, or
PayPal is authorizing the transaction, or
You may need to enable the currency and then authorize the payment in your PayPal business account.
|PayPal has collected payment.
|The customer cancelled the payment in PayPal.
|The customer didn't complete payment within 14 days.
|Refunds: Refund initiated.
|Refunds: Refund complete.
|PayPal is authorizing the refund, or
There are not enough funds in your PayPal business account to process the refund.
For more information, see your PayPal business account.
To activate PayPal, follow these steps:
How to configure your PayPal account
- Email a request to [email protected]
- After we confirm activation, sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
- Go to Settings > Payment methods
- In the PayPal tab, click on Set up PayPal button
You are redirected to PayPal to sign in to your PayPal business account.
- Grant PayPal access to connect with your MultiSafepay account.
- Your PayPal Merchant ID is now displayed in your MultiSafepay dashboard .
If your PayPal Merchant ID isn't displayed in your dashboard, you can add it manually.
How to add your PayPal Merchant ID
- Sign in to your business account at PayPal .
- On the navigation menu > mouse over your account name in the top-right corner, and then select Account settings.
- On the Business information tab, copy your PayPal Merchant ID.
- Sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
- To set manually your PayPal Merchant ID:
- Go to Settings > Payment methods> PayPal tab.
- Click add PayPal ID link at the bottom of PayPal tab.
- In the PayPal merchant ID field, paste your PayPal Merchant ID.
- Click Save changes.
✅ PayPal has been successfully configured in your MultiSafepay account.
If you already have a PayPal account connected to MultiSafepay dashboard, we recommend upgrading to the latest PayPal API as soon as possible by following all the steps above. No other actions are required after this step.
We strongly recommend testing transactions before processing live payments.
See API reference – Create order > Wallet order.
For example requests, on the Create order page, in the black sandbox, see Examples > PayPal direct/redirect.
invoice_idcan be included in your create order request, which appears in the transaction history.
Note: If no
invoice_idis set, the
Transactions expire after 14 days.
Supported in all ready-made integrations.
To test PayPal payments, see Testing payment methods - Wallets.
PayPal Seller Protection covers you in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals due to unauthorized purchases or items the customer didn't receive. You are covered for the full amount of all eligible transactions.
To be eligible, for specific countries, transaction requests must contain the correct
state in the
- For a list of the countries, see PayPal API – State codes .
- For more information, see PayPal – What is Seller Pretection .
Note: For disputes and disbursement information, further details appear in a transaction note in your dashboard under Transaction overview > Transaction summary.
Refunds are only processed if there are enough funds in your PayPal business account. Otherwise, PayPal issues an eCheck .
To avoid PayPal cancelling the refund, in your PayPal account, authorize PayPal to withdraw funds from another bank account instead.
For support, contact PayPal – Help Center Home .
You can include shopping cart in your create order request, which is displayed on the PayPal checkout page, and PayPal communications.
You can no longer display your logo; your website name is displayed in the PayPal checkout.
Email [email protected]
Updated 2 months ago