Pay After Delivery (Betaal Na Ontvangst) is MultiSafepay's own BNPL method for increasing customer confidence and conversion. MultiSafepay bears the risk, based on the customer's history, and guarantees settlement.
Read how Pay After Delivery can benefit your business on multisafepay.com
This diagram shows the flow for a successful transaction. Click to magnify.
The table below sets out the order status and transaction status for payments and refunds.
|Description||Order status||Transaction status|
|MultiSafepay's risk analysis is in progress. You can still cancel.||Initialized||Initialized|
|We have authorized the transaction and the funds are awaiting capture. You can no longer cancel. You can only refund. |
See Close transactions.
|Important: To capture the funds, manually change the order status to shipped.||Shipped||Uncleared|
|MultiSafepay has collected payment.||Shipped||Completed|
|The transaction was cancelled.||Void/Cancelled||Void/Cancelled|
|MultiSafepay declined the transaction.||Declined||Declined|
|The customer didn't complete payment within 90 days.||Expired||Expired|
|Refunds: Refund initiated.||Initialized||Initialized|
|Refunds: Refund complete.||Completed||Completed|
First apply to MultiSafepay, and then activate in your dashboard.
How to activate Pay After Delivery
- Email a request to [email protected]
- We check your eligibilty and if approved, activate the payment method for your account.
- Once approved, to activate the method in your dashboard, sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
- Go to Settings.
- To activate the payment method for:
- All sites, go to Payment methods.
- A specific site, go to Website settings, and click the relevant site.
- Select the checkbox for the payment method, and then click Save changes.
Support: If the payment method isn't visible in your dashboard, email [email protected]
- Create order > BNPL order.
- Examples > Pay After Delivery direct/redirect.
shopping_cartobject is required for all BNPL orders. See Recipes – Include shopping_cart in order.
- Transactions expire after 90 days.
Supported in all ready-made integrations (direct).
To test Pay After Delivery payments, see Testing.
The billing and shipping addresses must be the same to prevent fraud.
If a customer pays into your business bank account directly instead of paying MultiFactor, you need to manually change the transaction status to Completed. This closes the transaction and stops MultiFactor sending the customer payment requests.
How to close transactions
To close a transaction manually, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
- Go to Transactions > Transaction overview.
- Search for the transaction and click to open the Transaction details page.
- Click Complete own funds.
- Enter a comment about what happened with the order, and click Complete.
The total amount of the transaction is deducted from your account balance.
Note: Once the transaction status changes to Completed, the Complete own funds button is hidden. You must process a full refund instead.
If the customer fails to pay within the initial 14 day period, MultiFactor emails them reminders with new payment links, each valid for 6 days:
- Reminders 1 and 2: No additional fee
- Reminder 3: Additional fee of 7.50 EUR
- Reminder 4: Additional fee of 12.50 EUR
If the customer still fails to pay, the total invoice is transferred to a debt collection agency.
How to stop reminders
To stop sending reminders, you can either:
- Credit the invoice for a zero amount, or
- Request to place the transaction on hold for up to 1 month
Email requests to place transactions on hold to [email protected]
Provide the following information:
- Transaction details
- Reason for your request
- When you expect to start the billing process again
When paying with a gift card and Pay After Delivery, customers must enter the gift card details before placing their order, i.e. on your checkout page. Otherwise our platform would interpret the gift card as a discount and generate incorrect order information, e.g. tax calculations.
You are solely responsible for this in your integration.
- You can't process refunds after the invoice is passed to a collection agency (usually 6 weeks after shipment). This is not visible in your dashboard. To check when the invoice was passed to the agency, email [email protected]
- You can't see whether the customer has paid the invoice. If they have already paid, they receive a refund. If not, they receive an adjusted payment request or the invoice is cancelled.
- For both full and partial refunds, any additional administration costs for the customer are deducted from the invoice. The customer has a further 14 days to complete the payment.
- You cannot reverse full refunds.
When you ship the order, you must manually change the order status from Completed to Shipped to:
- Capture the funds
- Trigger sending the invoice to the customer
- Prevent the order from expiring
How to change order status to shipped
In your dashboard
- Sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
- Go to Transactions > Transactions overview.
- Search for the transaction, and click to open the Transaction details page.
- Under Order details, click Change order status.
- Change the status to Shipped.
- Send the customer the track and trace details, if relevant.
In your backend
If you change the order status in your backend, the following ready-made integrations pass the updated status to your dashboard automatically:
- Magento 2 and WooCommerce: When you set the order to Shipped in your backend.
- Shopware 5: When you set the order to Delivered in your backend.
For other ready-made integrations, make an update order API request.
Note: Some third-party plugins may not support updating the status via our API.
Due to changes to the Wet op het consumentenkrediet, merchants who apply surcharges to BNPL methods are now deemed credit providers under article 7:57 of the Burgerlijk Wetboek. This requires a permit from the Authority for Financial Markets (AFM).
We therefore strongly recommend not applying surcharges.
For more information, email [email protected]
Email [email protected]
Updated 1 day ago