Alipay is a leading global payment method that lets Chinese customers link their credit card or bank account to a digital wallet. It supports online, QR, and contactless POS payments, as well as international money transfers.
For Chinese customers, Alipay accounts are verified and linked to their Chinese bank account. Since 2021, non-Chinese customers can also pay with Alipay using the Tour Pass.
Read how Alipay can benefit your business on multisafepay.com
This diagram shows the flow for a successful transaction. Click to magnify.
The table below sets out the order status and transaction status for payments and refunds.
|Description||Order status||Transaction status|
|The customer has been redirected to Alipay.||Initialized||Initialized|
|MultiSafepay has collected payment.||Completed||Completed|
|The customer didn't complete payment within 5 hours, or it was cancelled.||Expired||Expired|
|Refunds: Refund initiated.||Reserved||Reserved|
|Refunds: Refund complete.||Completed||Completed|
First apply to MultiSafepay, and then activate in your dashboard.
How to activate Alipay
- Email a request to [email protected]
- We check your eligibilty and if approved, activate the payment method for your account.
- Once approved, sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard.
- Go to Settings.
- To activate the payment method for:
- All sites, go to Payment methods.
- A specific site, go to Website settings, and click the relevant site.
- Select the checkbox for the payment method, and then click Save changes.
Support: If the payment method isn't visible in your dashboard, email [email protected]
- Create order > Wallet order.
- Examples > Alipay direct/redirect.
- Transactions expire after 5 hours.
- Supported in all ready-made integrations (direct).
- Exceptions: PrestaShop 1.6, OsCommerce, and Zen Cart.
To test Alipay payments, see Testing.
Email [email protected]
Updated about 1 month ago