Google Pay™ is a digital wallet for in-app and online payments. Customers can tokenize their payment details in their Google Pay account.
Read how Google Pay can benefit your business on multisafepay.com
See Google Pay – Countries or regions where you can use Google Pay .
|Currencies||AED, AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, INR, ISK, JPY, KRW, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, PEN, PHP, PLN, RON, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, TWD, UAH, USD, VEF, ZAR|
|Payment pages||Yes (current version only)|
|Refunds||Yes: Full and partial |
Customers receive refunds in their Google Pay account, and they appear on their credit card statement within the next business day.
This diagram shows the flow for a successful transaction. Click to magnify.
The table below sets out the order status and transaction status for payments and refunds.
|Description||Order status||Transaction status|
|The customer has been redirected for 3D Secure authentication, or the card scheme is authorizing the transaction.||Initialized||Initialized|
|The card scheme authorized the transaction, but we've flagged it as potentially fraudulent. |
Review it and then manually capture or decline.
|MultiSafepay has collected payment.||Completed||Completed|
|Payment wasn't captured manually or within 5 days.||Void||Void/Cancelled|
|The customer didn't complete 3D Secure authentication.||Expired||Expired|
|The customer failed 3D Secure authentication or cancelled payment. See Card errors.||Declined||Declined|
|Refunds: Refund initiated.||Reserved||Reserved|
|Refunds: Refund complete.||Completed||Completed|
First apply to MultiSafepay, and then activate in your dashboard.
How to activate Google Pay
Email a request to [email protected]
Include in the request your:
- Average, minimum, and maximum transaction amount
- Annual turnover
Once approved, sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
Go to Settings.
To activate the payment method for:
- All sites, go to Payment methods.
- A specific site, go to Website settings, and click the relevant site.
Select the checkbox for the payment method, and then click Save changes.
Support: If the payment method isn't visible in your dashboard, email [email protected]
- To easily integrate Google Pay using MultiSafepay payment pages (redirect), see API reference – Create order > Wallet order.
- To embed Google Pay in your checkout page for the best user experience, see Google Pay™ direct integration.
- Transactions expire after 1 hour.
- Supported in most ready-made integrations (redirect).
- Exceptions: Magento 2 and WooCommerce. For these, you can use a generic gateway. See the relevant manual.
To test Google Pay payments, see Testing.
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- UCWeb UC Browser
- Supported: Maestro, Mastercard, and Visa
- Not supported: American Express
Email [email protected]
Updated 1 day ago