Urgent action required!
As of July 31, 2022, the deprecated version of the app will no longer be supported. Payments will not be processed.
Migrate to our updated app as soon as possible.
The new app leverages a single, powerful gateway for a faster, safer integration.
You will need a MultiSafepay account.
To install or migrate, follow these steps:
- For increased security and stability, wait for off-peak hours and temporarily enable password protection for your webshop.
- Check that the payment methods you want to use in Shopify are activated for your MultiSafepay account.
- From the Shopify app store, install the MultiSafepay payments app .
- Under Settings:
- Website API key: Enter your site API key.
- Environment: Set whether it is a live or test key.
- Click Save and continue (might take a few seconds).
You are redirected to Settings > Payments.
- For each payment method you want to activate, on the app page:
- If Shopify has not reviewed the payment method yet, click Install unlisted app.
- Select the payment method checkbox.
- Under Test mode, select the Enable test mode checkbox.
- Click Activate .
If the payment method is not activated for your MultiSafepay account, an error appears.
- Activate the method for your MultiSafepay account, and then in Shopify, click Retry.
✅ Tip! We recommend first testing each payment method before setting your live API key.
MultiSafepay's Second Chance feature is not supported because Shopify offers a similar native service.
See Shopify – Recovering abandoned checkouts .
If a customer cancels a payment to use another payment method instead, they must complete payment within 2 hours to avoid errors.
The app is unavailable in Norway and Finland.
For more information, email [email protected]
Payments are processed in the webshop's default currency only.
Installation and configuration
To install payment methods, use the relevant links. For each, click the Install button on the bottom right:
Sign in to your Shopify backend.
Go to Settings > Payment providers > Alternative payments.
Search for and then click the payment methods you have installed.
Enter your site ID and security code.
Activate the payment method.
✅ Tip! To bundle all payment methods under a single MultiSafepay payment gateway at checkout, under Alternative payments, activate the MultiSafepay payment method.
Shopify orders expire after 3 days.
pendingExpiresAt value matches the date and time when the order expires and must be within 3 days of calling the
paymentSessionPending mutation (once only).
For more information, see Shopify.dev – Pend a payment .
Note: If an order is not completed within 2 hours, the order status changes from Pending to Expired.
Supported payment methods
To match orders in your accounting system with your MultiSafepay account, use the MultiSafepay order ID and the Shopify payment ID.
Full and partial refunds are supported in your MultiSafepay dashboard and backend.
You can't refund more than the original amount in your backend.
Updated 6 days ago