Belfius is a popular online banking payment method for Belfius bank customers in Belgium.
Read how Belfius can benefit your business on multisafepay.com
This diagram shows the flow for a successful transaction. Click to magnify.
📘 Note: MultiSafepay doesn’t automatically receive the customer's IBAN when a transaction is completed, but we import our bank statements daily. All incoming payments are then completed.
The table below sets out the order status and transaction status for payments and refunds.
|Description||Order status||Transaction status|
|The customer has been redirected to Belfius.||Initialized||Initialized|
|MultiSafepay has collected payment.||Completed||Completed|
|You cancelled the transaction.||Void||Void/Cancelled|
|The customer didn't complete payment within 5 days.||Expired||Expired|
|Refunds: Refund initiated.||Reserved||Reserved|
|Refunds: Refund complete.||Completed||Completed|
📘 Note: If the customer doesn’t click the Return to website button, MultiSafepay doesn’t receive an update and the transaction status remains Initialized. We import our bank statements daily and finalize all incoming payments.
- Sign in to your MultiSafepay dashboard .
- To activate the payment method for:
- All sites, go to Settings > Payment methods.
- A specific site:
- Go to Integrations > Sites, and then click the relevant site.
- On the Site profile page, under Payment methods, click Select payment methods.
- Select the checkbox for the payment method, and then click Save changes.
💬 Support: If the payment method isn't visible in your dashboard, email [email protected]
See API reference – Create order > Banking order.
For example requests, on the Create order page, in the black sandbox, see Examples > Belfius direct/redirect.
Transactions expire after 5 days.
- Supported in most ready-made integrations.
- Exceptions: OsCommerce and ZenCart.
To test Belfius payments, see Testing payment methods - Banking methods.
Email [email protected]
Updated 30 days ago