You can cancel a refund while the status is Initialized or Reserved.
For more information, see Refund payments – Cancellation.
You cannot refund more than the original transaction.
You can process refunds via MultiSafepay for up to 180 days after payment was completed.
MultiSafepay sends refunds to the issuer for processing within 1 business day.
Refunds arrive in the customer's account within 1 to 14 business days, depending on the issuer.
- Whether or not the refund is visible to the customer depends on the issuer's system.
- Depending on the issuer, the amount may not appear directly on the customer's card. We recommend the customer to contact the issuer.
- If a customer needs an acquirer reference number (ARN), you can find this in your dashboard on the relevant Transaction details page.
- ARNs are not provided if the refund is processed within the same day as the transaction.
If you process a partial refund within the same day as the transaction, this is technically called a reversal. For simplicity, reversals are recorded as refunds in your MultiSafepay dashboard.
On the customer's credit card statement, the transaction may either be:
- Adjusted to the new amount= Partial reversal
- Not debited at all= Full reversal
You cannot cancel reversals because the funds are returned to the customer immediately.
Email [email protected]
Updated 9 months ago