- Please note that specific required actions are highlighted with a blue frame on the screenshots below.
Configuration of PayPal Account
- Login at https://www.paypal.com with your business account
- Navigate to Tools->All tools->API References->API credentials
- Click on Grant API permission
paypal_api1.multisafepay.comin the Third-Party Permission Username field. Click on Lookup
We need access to these options:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction
- Process your customers credit or debit card payments
- Obtain information about a single transaction
- Obtain authorization for pre-approved payments and initiate pre-approved transactions
- Use Express Checkout to process mobile payments.
In order to ensure a correct integration with PayPal, you must change the language encoding setting of your PayPal account to UTF-8.
To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the section Language Encoding in your PayPal account by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select My selling tools on the left side. Locate and click on the PayPal button language encoding on the bottom.
- Click on More Options. Change the Encoding to UTF-8 by selecting it from the dropdown menu. The following question will appear: “Do you want to use the same encoding for data sent from PayPal to you?” Answer with ‘yes’ and click on Save.
Configuration of MultiSafepay Control
Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
Merchant Account ID
Login in your MultiSafepay Control
Navigate to Settings->Payment methods. Select ‘PayPal’ and enter your
Merchant Account ID.
Your account is now configured, and you are ready to accept MultiSafepay payments. We strongly recommend you perform one or more test transactions in order to ensure everything is working correctly.
If PayPal is not visible as a payment method in your MultiSafepay Control, please contact the technical support department at [email protected] to assist you further.
Please note that if you have enabled payment methods on a particular website, you should also enable PayPal for that specific website.